Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I see the light.

I was a wrecked sailor, with the angry tempest ravaging my wooden boat...Then there's hope and a promise of salvation, coming from a lighthouse. And such is my delight that I keep on singing my favorite lines from the Tangled movie soundtrack:

And at last I see the light, and it's like the fog has lifted
And at last I see the light, and it's like the sky is new
And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted... 

I'm really loving this 'lighthouse' idea lately so I'm sharing here a few of the lighthouse postcards that I have. First one is the Cedar Point Lighthouse, "situated where Cedar Point juts out into the Chesapeake Bay" -- according to the information at the back of the card. The lighthouse is of Italianate style. It is listed in the USA's National Register of Historic Places.


World in Postcards October (2011) General Swap
Sender: Cindy, Sent from Maryland
Sent on 11 October '11, Received date not stamped on card
Traveled 13,758 km

Next is the Long Island Montauk Point Lighthouse. It is the oldest in the state of New York, completed in 1796. It is also recognized as one of the US's national historic landmark. The card came from France since the sender has already relocated there. 


Postcrossing Private Swap
Sender: David Russell, Sent from Lyon, France
Sent on 6 Feb 2012, Received on 16 2012
Traveled 10,765 km in 11 days

Last but not the least is the red-and-white striped Harbour Town Lighthouse in Hilton Head, South Carolina. Although it's a facsimile lighthouse, meaning it was built as a landmark or to symbolize something, the lighthouse itself is functional as a navigational aid. 


US-1256532, Sender: Quin
Sent from Wisconsin, USA, Sent on 29 Aug 2012
Received date not stamped on card, Traveled 12,836 km 

It's been quite a while since I posted something for the 'What I'm Loving Wednesday'. I hope you liked my comeback entry for this blog roll, folks! Let's keep our fingers crossed that this positive feelings linger and that they shall never change, and if they do -- only to be better. :)



~ maria

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you saw, please let me know: