Sunday, December 23, 2012

Pasko Stamps from 2011



Christmas in our local language (Filipino) is 'Pasko'. I remember when I was a kid, during my early years in grade school, our teachers would quiz us about Christmas symbols. This set of 4 stamps is just perfect learning aid for that! Here we have Christmas bells, the Christmas flower - poinsettia, Christmas presents, and the Christmas lantern or 'parol'.

Parol is my favorite Christmas symbol. It It is also one of the most popular decoration for Christmas in the Philippines. It is a reminder of the star which guided the three wise men to the newlyborn Jesus Christ inside a humble manger in Bethlehem. 

Two days before we celebrate Jesus Christ's birthday. I wish everyone a warm and cheerful celebration with family and friends. May we all be blessed and may we multiply these blessings through kindness and love, not only during this holiday season but all throughout the next year.

I'll be in an internet hiatus from now and until Christmas to spend quality time with family. But, sharing these stamps first with Viridian's blog hop and checking what others have posted before I say 'au revoir' to my buddy Net for a few days. ;-)



Merry Christmas everyone! :)

~maria



7 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas and have a wonderful New year to u and your family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty stamps, there seem to be more poinsettias than usual for Christmas this year in here. The flower lantern is a lovely idea.
    Wishing you a Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas! And thank you for your good wishes. thank you for sharing these lovely stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can now add Pasko to my foreign language dictionary; four very festive stamps.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love poinsettas. It's a tradition that my Dad gives me a small poinsetta every year!
    Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen photos of the parol on other blogs from the Philippines - the design seems very specific to your area.
    Pasko is a new word for me, also and interestingly, only one letter off from Paska - an Easter Bread.

    Maligayang Pasko.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the parol and how it symbolises the star, though all the stamps are very pretty.

    I wish you peace and love this Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: