Sunday, April 21, 2013

Global Forever


Earth Day is almost always synonymous with global warming for me.

USA's Global Forever
Issued 28 January 2013
Artist: Leonello Calvatti

I know, that sounds like a bit narrow-minded thinking.
But I am always bugged by the idea of the thinning ice in the polar regions.

Glaciers in Iceland
Issued 24 May 2007
Artist: 
Tryggvi T. Tryggvason / Anna Þóra Árnadóttir

My thoughts are with the struggles of the animals 
in the polar regions and their survival.


                                  
Fauna of Sakha Republic (Yakutia) - Russia
Issued 29 August 2006
Wildlife in Norway - Arctic Fox
Issued 29 March 2006













Iceland - Seals I
Issued 28 January 2010
Artists: 
Jóhann Jónsson, Vestmannaeyjar
Iran Russia Joint Stamp Issue - Caspian Seal
Issued 9 September 2003
I hope we can all be vigilant in showing love to our Mother Earth
so that these polar fauna never lose their habitat and end up extinct.

The Netherlands - World Priority
Issued 1 July 2010


~maria


9 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment on my profile. I had just added your blog to my list of blogs to visit on my sidebar and the next thing that happened was i got that comment! It's obviously a mutual appreciation.
    Kind regards,
    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great selection of stamps for the theme. Yes, it is always so upsetting when you see on tv how the animals in those regions are suffering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never really though of seals as cute, but these images may change my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that fluffy Arctic Fox, you have certainly got a nice selection of Arctic fauna.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think equating earth day with global warming is narrow at all. Controlling climate change entails just about every aspect of our interaction with the earth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a nice selection. I've got twice or more times the last stamp, the heart-shaped Earth, but I still love it. And also the new "forever" in the USA. I read in some blogs people from the USA don't like it, but I don't understand why. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do like the Arctic Fox stamp. You have showed us a wonderful series. Global warming is supposed to affectt he the Arctic regions more than other parts of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is a very nice way to present the issue, and i must say i also love the round global stamp

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many beautiful stamps!
    Keep smiling and Keep Shinning!

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: