Friday, June 7, 2013

Furry affections

I read in Beth's blog on Monday that June is the month of romance and love.

As such, let me share some postcards showing furry affections from my collection.

Friendship Gift Postcard, Sender: Diana
Sent: December 2011, Sent from Germany

I love how the mommy bear looks serene and content here, feeling her baby caressing her side.


Friendship Gift Postcard, Sender: My twin, Wan
Sent: 5 May 2013, Sent from Bali, Indonesia
Received: 31 May 2013, Traveled 2,651.63 km in 36 days

Bali is not far from Manila, and a month has passed, I was so sad, I thought this postcard was already lost in the mail. The beau told me he posted a card for me before leaving Bali. 

Then on Wednesday, I was so tired from giving a presentation and facilitating a discussion at a technical working group meeting. When I got home, this was one of the postcards out from the bunch on top of my study table. Yippeee!!! It wasn't lost at all.

The candid shot of the mommy monkey taking care of its young is heartwarming. More so, was the message written at the back of this card :)


NL-931574, Sender: Kitty
Sent: 14 Dec 2011, Sent from Ymuiden, The Netherlands
Received: 16 Jan 2012, Traveled 10,408 km in 33 days

Another heartwarming postcard. It's nice to see baby pandas playing and huddling close to each other. It makes me miss childhood -- being able to play in the grass and the natural affections shared with each other when you're young and innocent about the world.

Speaking of natural affections, let me mention natural kindness and goodness here.

I am so grateful for all the nice words and advice after my previous Postcard Friendship Friday post. The comments I got were really helpful and I'm gaining a better perspective about things in my life now. The comments made me realize a few things. My wait for the Bali postcard was helpful, too. I guess I'm being very impatient and worrying too much sometimes. I need to learn how to slow down a bit and appreciate the blessings I have at the moment. In terms of discontent and some uncomfortable circumstances right now, they will get better in time. Some things I wish and pray for, aren't happening just yet cause as the cliché goes:

Good things come to those who wait (and who keep a healthy attitude and who doesn't stop working hard while waiting), and that: There's a right time for everything.



Happy Postcard Friendship everyone and wish you all a relaxing weekend!


~maria

4 comments:

  1. What a great interpretation of Beth's romance theme for this week's PFF! Love the polar bears!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Maria,

    Just what I wished to read. First of all, those postcards are just fool of love and show us that after all motherhood seems to be somehow well share in the nature. Wow finally you also picked The Nederlands with those panda's, funny thing is that I was crazy about panda's when I was a child, I had a cuddly panda bigger than me and he slept with me for years, they are so beautiful, but someone says to me that they weren't so nice in real life ???

    Last but not least, I also read your last week answers and it's a great thing to be surrounded by people of this quality, people who wish the best for you. We all have our bad days, bad periods, we try to leave with our perfects imperfections.

    Thanks for stopping by my place, as I told you there, I enter posscrossings last week and sent my first postcard friday. Great moment !!!

    Take good care !

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Maria--how perfectly wonderful! I love these postcards, they are so precious.

    I remember when each of my children were born, I fell in love. Just last week, my Mom and I were talking about that unique love. She described how she felt when I was born and held me in her arms for the first time. She said, "I had never felt the kind of love I felt for you, until I held you in my arms and knew you were mine. I knew then, what my own Mom felt about me."

    I am so blessed, too. Mumsie is one of my best friends. Yes, I went through that teenage rebellious time--I sure do wish I would have discovered how cool she was sooner. I missed a lot of great times. As it is, I'm making up for lost time these days.

    Ah, Maria, I am so glad you are feeling better, sweet girl. I've been praying for you, dear. Have a lovely week! ((hugs)) May all the best in life be yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. coool blog! really like it :D

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: