Thursday, August 1, 2013

Love-ly cats

FI-1724304, Sender: mam-mam
Sent: 7 Apr 2013, Sent from Oulu, Finland
Received: 26 Apr 2013, Traveled 8,801 km in 19 days

As promised, I am back after 1 month of absence. :)

I am overwhelmed to share that the final assessment for my clinical residency went well. It was a grueling 4-day ordeal and I'm glad it's finally over. It's just the start though. I still have a few documentary requirements to finish. Then there's the certification board exams in November this year. It was a great experience. It allowed me to pin down my strength and weaknesses in regards with my development and training into the professional in  my field that I hope to be.

For the past 3 years of being into the program I learned that it's truly beneficial to work as a group; to always seek to study and learn together. There's truly great value in collective efforts. Hence my choice of postcard to feature for this first day of August and my first post for Clytie's Guest Heart Thursday after being gone for a month. It shows two cats joining their heads; in my mind, they could have been holding hands in a few - drawing strength from each other.

It's my second postcard of the artist, Minna L. Immonen. The first one can be found here, it features a hydrangea wreath.

I would like to express my gratitude to Grace of Le Blog de Grace Bailhache and Beth of The Best Hearts Are Crunchy for passing by my blog even though I didn't post any entry for a month. It's heartwarming to know that I was missed. Hugs to you both!

I'll end this post for now. Ciao! It's great to be back!

~maria

P.S. Let me share a goofy photo of our group from Monday, 29 July - the last day of the assessment. My co-residents and I are standing at the back, the clinical supervisors, members of the national steering committee, and our expert assessor from the International Atomic Energy Agency are seated in front. Here we flash our 'winner pose' with triumphant smiles. I am the one standing behind the woman in fuchsia pink top.


5 comments:

  1. :) greetings sinikka!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A hearty congratulations to you followed by best wishes as you continue your journey toward certification! The cats are adorable, and I really like your interpretation. As "they" say, two heads are better than one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes you have been missed!!! I'm so glad to see your post linked up to Guest Heart Thursday - and what a perfect card! Congratulations on your accomplishments so far - and that your journey from here forward will go just as well.

    I adore the picture - I can feel the good friendship in the group.

    P.S. - you are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello hello dearest,

    I was very happy to see your comment yesterday and thank you so much for the mention. Well I have a kind of precise routine on internet so don't worry I will check out your mail, I just have to fnish all my blog stuff first. Actually I thought about you also when the royal baby came, I know that your into the royal family. Congratulations and welcome back, it's nice to see you... Funny picture by the way.

    A bientôt lovely

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. And you were missed, sweet girl! ((hugs)) I'm glad to see you back, and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: