Thursday, October 10, 2013

Sampaguita Gardens


I got this postcard back in early June I believe, as 'pasalubong' or souvenir for me from a friend who visited the Sampaguita Gardens in New Washington, Aklan. This place is the home in the Philippines of the famous Precious Romance dolls, created by Mr. Sam Butcher. More information about the place can be found here.

I am here in Aklan for work since Monday until Saturday. Today, I had the chance to see Sampaguita Gardens: the place where it's always Christmas! Yes, you read it right. That's the tagline of Sampaguita Garden -- the place where everyday is Christmas. They have a Christmas Cottage that I have on another postcard but I'll share that one around December. For now, I'm sharing this card which features some really 'authentic Pinoy culture' on the drawing -- like the tricycle for transportation and the hanging native chicken (to be prepared into a delicious dish for sure!)

My visit at the gardens was a bit sad because I see the place is no longer well-maintained. I really hope they will do something about it. I heart to go back there one day in the future, and hopefully I can say 100%, "We all had a wonderful time!" Speaking of "heart", can you count how many hearts are in this postcard?


~maria

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you saw, please let me know: