Monday, April 14, 2014

L is for Leaning Tower of Pisa, Italy

Facebook Swap, Sender: Dany
Sent: 31 July 2012 from Cuxhaven, Germany
Received date not stamped on card, Traveled 10089 km

L is for Leaning Tower of Pisa and for Last Week of Lent this year.

The Leaning Tower of Pisa is a UNESCO WHS that I've always dreamed to see for real since I was in grade school. While working for my masters degree, I thought of applying for a short training course in Italy so I can make a side trip to this attraction. This site has been on the list since the year I was born. So perhaps I should imagine for a monumental year to visit this, say when I turn 30? Ah, sounds like a plan!

Lent, as we know is a Catholic event on its last week for this year. I haven't been a devout and observant Catholic but I am hoping to be able to reflect and meditate more before the season is over. A lot of overwhelming changes are happening lately due to life changing decisions I've made at the start of this year. I know I need to slow down and have some time to look deeper inside myself. 

But my oh my, it's Monday! Gotta stop being pensive for now and F-O-C-U-S. There are so many things to learn and get accomplished in a little time.

I wish all of us a great week!

~maria

2 comments:

  1. Maria,

    I'd love to see the Leaning Tower of Pisa too!

    Last week of Lent... yes! I'm finding it a bit hard to write my posts and concentrate on Easter preparations at the same time. I don't think the challenge coincided with Easter last year. Anyway, only a few days to go. My husband and children are busy preparing their music for all the Masses. The Easter Vigil is our favourite Mass of the year. I hope you get a chance to do some reflection this week. I hope I do as well!

    You have a great week too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't celebrate Lent, but congratulations on making it to the end! I don't know if I'll ever see the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person, but it's great to see pictures like this.

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: