Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Taal Volcano, Philippines

Sent to Mircea in Romania

I am just back here in Singapore from a 10-day vacation in my home country, Philippines. I did a Manila-Ilocos-Manila-Tagaytay-Manila tour; basically north of the country. In Ilocos, I visited the old Spanish town in Vigan, "rollercoaster-ed" and surfed on the sand in Paoay. I wanted to share a Vigan postcard but I realized that the one I had was posted here in my blog, 3 years ago.

In Tagaytay, for the third time - I climbed to the crater of Taal Volcano. The trail wasn't that difficult and there's a majestic view on top. I highly recommend this trip to anyone who wants to get out of Manila just for a day. It's 2-hour away by bus and the entire boat ride on the lake and trek up to the rim of the crater takes a total of just 3 hours.

~maria

9 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous view, lovely image. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I had lost you for a while! These silly sites and technology. Can't be kind to us most of the time. Glad I am here. I did receive your postcard . Wonderful. I thought of you because my friends grandson is working on a class project and needs postcards! They must be stamped and postmarked to get class credit but the young fellow is enjoying receiving them from everywhere. Funny how many of us enjoy the small things, the things others consider insignificant. SO I apologize for the delay in getting back to you here. But my heart was joyful when I received the postcard. It was unique and very different and loved the story you told that went with it. Always wonderful to stop by for a visit. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always nice to take a break from time to time. I can't wait to go back home on our next vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic view! No wonder you like to climb there!

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: