Friday, April 20, 2018

Postcards for the weekend 82: Retro/vintage


For the theme retro/vintage for this weekend, here's a reproduction postcard of Jean Boisseau's first rare double hemisphere map of the world. The title on top reads Nouvelle et Exacte Description de la Terre Universelle. The map was first issued in Paris, France in 1636.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find the scan for the back side of this postcard. I checked my postcrossing.com account and it wasn't in my received postcards wall. Given how rare and beautiful this postcard is, I reckon I might have received it from a direct swap.

Happy weekend everyone! 

~maria


2 comments:

  1. I love the old maps too. Although in normal-size postcards sometimes it is difficult to see the details. But I agree with Joy: it's a gorgeous one!

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: